You’ve heard of Route 66…but have you traveled Highway 65?
The Great Highway 65 Road Trip will take you through Arkansas’ lower delta to its state capitol, and past Clinton into the heart of the Ozark foothills to Branson, Missouri and beyond. It’s the main artery leading to some of the region’s most popular destinations, including Mountain View, the Buffalo River, and Eureka Springs.
This journey could take you anywhere!
Designated as part of Arkansas’ Great River Road, Hwy 65 runs From Louisiana to Minnesota with major expansion projects in the center of America’s southeastern-midwestern heartland.
The changing landscapes of the route are defined by its miles of flea markets & antique shops, the characteristic twists and turns of stunning Ozark vistas, and the fascinating quirks of richly-layered history that you’ll find at every stop.
Outdoor enthusiasts will revel in the wild beauty of the Little Red River and its tributaries and pristine Greers Ferry Lake, which rival the Buffalo River for floating and fishing. Conservation areas and growing trail systems ensure thriving wildlife and wilderness for the nature lover.
Countless small towns, legendary for their mountain hospitality, offer unique experiences of local flavors. The region radiates its past – Native American & pioneer history, rural farming heritage, the colorful flair of hippy art & music – it’s a jackpot for Instagram moments and favorite family photos!
CLINTON is so much more than a town in the mountains, on a river, by a lake, steeped in history, and full of exciting surprises…it’s about time you found us!
Clinton is proud of its premier location at the gateway to the Ozark foothills. As you approach town from the South, the smoky-colored mountains rise out of the landscape to greet you. Look for Wayfinding signs announcing attractions across Van Buren County and guideposts to the nearby adventures that lie ahead in Fairfield Bay and Shirley (our eastern neighbors) and Searcy County (our northern neighbor).
But don’t rush through! Clinton is the ideal place to plan your journey, with ample accommodations, fuel, dining, shopping, recreation, and friendly assistance to begin your road trip.
Now you’re curious…
HEARTBEAT OF HISTORY
- Van Buren County Museum…211 3rd St, Clinton 501-745-4066
- Historic Downtown Square…Main St, Clinton
- Three Rivers Trailhead (Main Street Park)
- Archey Fork Park…Archey Fork Rd
- Arkansas Natural Bridge…1120 Natural Bridge Rd, Clinton 501-745-2357
- South Fork Nature Center…962 Bachelor Rd, Choctaw 501-745-6444
- Fairfield Bay Heritage Center…331 Snead Drive, Fairfield Bay
- Tea Party & Fashion Show
- Lucas Farms…8246 Hwy 16 E, Shirley 501-723-7272
- Shirley Train Bridge
SUMMER ROAD TRIP
- TARDIS (Hwy 65)
- The Pottery Shop…850 Hwy 65, Clinton 501-745-2060
- Bar of Western Store & National Championship Chuckwagon Races…225 South St, Clinton 501-745-8407
- Gateway Twin Cinema…3008 Hwy 65, Clinton 501-745-4004
- Kenda Drive-In Theater…Westwood Drive, Marshall 870-448-5400
- Choctaw Marina…3850 Hwy 330, Choctaw 501-745-2666
- Fairfield Bay Marina…4350 Hwy 330, Fairfield Bay 501-884-6030
- Greers Ferry Lake/Little Red River Assoc.
- ArcheyFest (Last Saturday in June) Clinton
- ARSCCA RallyCross…Hwy 16 W, Crabtree
- Scare on the Square (Halloween) Downtown Clinton
- Bluffton Preserve…Watergate Rd, Clinton
- Clinton Chamber Chili Cookoff (October) Downtown Clinton
- Great Southern Stone Skipping Championships (September) Fairfield Bay Marina
- Wild Game Cookoff
- Disc Golf…
Clinton – Archey Fork Park
Fairfield Bay – Woodland Mead & Ed Leamon Park
Use the floating app bar at the bottom of your screen for quick access to local info