Clinton is home to a rapidly growing small business community
Dining | Shopping | Services
As of May 11, 2017, any NEW business venture opening within the Clinton city limits is required by law to register with the City and pay a mandatory license fee of $25.00.
The Business License is valid for the term of one (1) calendar year, beginning January 1, at an annual cost of $25.00. This initial fee is REQUIRED upon registration and VOLUNTARY for renewing businesses.
To apply for a business license, please visit City Hall at 342 Main Street, Downtown Clinton.Find out more
Register Your Business!
The business registration process is intended to help regulate & protect the safety and credibility of our business community, as well as to maintain accurate local information.
– The city of Clinton maintains a current list of all active business establishments within the city limits. This includes brick & mortar businesses, service providers, vendors, and any other commercial establishments.
– This list is maintained by the city as a source of accurate information in the event of emergency and disaster, as required by local & state regulations.
– This business list is also published online as a reference for the public, and is cross-referenced with the business membership list of the Chamber of Commerce’s Community Directory.
Chamber of Commerce
The Chamber of Commerce represents the active business community in our area, with a mission to develop and maintain a vibrant business environment through the development of relevant and innovative services and community leadership, enhancing the economic quality of life in Van Buren County.
Together, businesses can:
- Thrive by creating a better business climate.
- Attract more customers, each business helping the other to thrive.
- Economically better the community in which they do business, to everyone’s benefit.
- Instill in the community a base of values which will serve the community and the businesses well.
- Establish credibility and viability for the businesses of the area.
- Better promote the community and its interest.
- Share in the success of our city and area.
Executive Director, Jason Hayes